We have all experienced that mini-heart attack as our phone slips off our hand and descends to the hard, fast approaching floor. Within a second, our new luxurious phone is shattered. Most of our phones displays are made of either glass or acrylic. This material can break when your device receives a significant amount of impact. While some people take their phones for repair, there is a good number of people who decide to use their phones without repairing them first. After all, it is still working! Why should you fix your cracked screen immediately? Here are some of the reasons:
- Touch Screen Malfunction– Although your phone might be functioning now, it is only a matter of time before the touchscreen feature of your device stops Nothing can be as frustrating as unresponsive screen touch. Also, your damaged screen is susceptible to dust, finger oils and other dirt particles finding their way through the cracks. With time, these foreign particles are going to destroy your phone rendering it useless.
- Splinters on Your Finger– By using a cracked phone screen, you are putting your fingers at risk of being cut by the broken glass pieces. It is essential that you repair your phone, especially if the screen has severe cracks.
- Prone to More Damages– Your phone screen protects the inner components of the gadget from the external elements such as moisture. When the screen is cracked, your phone is exposed to these dangerous elements and may get more damages. Although new water-resistant devices have been developed, a cracked screen invalidates this feature. This means that water can still get into your water proof gadget and interfere or corrode the sensitive phone components.
- Eye Strain– Apart from harming your fingers, cracked screens can also hurt your eyes. Smartphone devices come with a high-definition display that gives you an excellent viewing experience. When the screen breaks, you are forced to strain as you try to decipher the words in an article or even viewing pictures that your friends have updated on their status. This is a un-necessary struggle that you can do without by taking your phone for repair as soon as it suffers from screen
- Exposure to Harmful Radiations– According to the International Agency of Research on Cancer, the radiofrequency from our phones can be hazardous to our health. According to the agency, more research needs to be carried out to conclude that cell phones pose no health issues to users. If indeed our phones are already giving off harmful radiation, what do you think would happen when the phone’s internal systems are exposed?
Sometimes, phone damage goes deeper than what we can see with our eyes. Depending on the impact, the gadget’s internal system could be interfered with. This is why it is crucial that you take your phone to an experienced technician who will be able to gauge the extent of the damage and take the appropriate or necessary measures.